Services & Help

When you contact my community office, my staff and I will do everything we can to assist. Your confidentiality is respected at all time. To give you a better idea of how we can help, please review the following information.

What my Community Office can help you with:

  • Provide information on locating government services and contact information
  • Assist in understanding government policies and services
  • Assist in navigating through government bureaucracy
  • Ensure due process is being followed
  • Attend community events
  • Accept practicum students
  • Provide congratulatory and greeting messages
  • Provide government documents, legislation discussion papers and other web-based forms if you don’t have internet access
  • Resolve issues you may be having with provincial ministries or agencies. However, by law, there are some things we cannot help you with
  • Refer you to your local member of parliament if your matter is with the federal government and/or work with you local member of parliament on joint matters

We can help you if:

  • You are a resident of the Surrey Fleetwood riding; and,
  • Your matter is with the provincial government.

Unfortunately, we cannot help you if:

  • You have  or need to retain a lawyer to represent you pertaining to your case;
  • Your matter is pending before the courts.
  • The police are involved. We cannot make inquiries about police investigations. If you have a complaint about police conduct, please direct them to the Office of the Police Complaints Commissioner.

We are unable to:

  • Offer legal advice or assist with legal action
  • Overturn the decision of any provincial government ministry or body
  • Influence processes set up in law to be independent of the Legislature –such as Ombudsman, Police Complaints Commissioner. Representative for Child and Youth, professional and other
  • Change the time limits for filing appeals
  • Take on casework that is federal or municipal in nature
  • Interfere with federal or municipal issues
  • Settle disputes between businesses or neighbours
  • Find constituents housing
  • Find constituents employment

How To Get Help:

  1. The Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Act ( requires you to fill out and sign a Personal Authorization Form giving my staff and me permission to make inquiries on your behalf. Without your authorization, we cannot investigate your case.
  2. Please prepare copies of any and all documents you have that pertain to your issue. If you don’t have access to a photocopier, my office can make copies of documents that are necessary to make inquiries.
  3. Once you have gathered all information please drop it off at my constituency office and complete an “Authorization of Request” form so that my office can make inquires on your behalf.

What To Expect After?

Once you have opened a case with us and we have all of your information, my constituency assistant will contact the appropriate government body to start making inquiries and inform them of your case. Our office will keep in touch with you as information regarding your case becomes available.

Please note that while I can help ensure your case is heard fully and promptly, I cannot overrule any government body’s authority to make a final decision on your case.

Always feel free to contact us if you have any questions or new information to provide.