9 September 2020 NEWS RELEASE Investment brings new support to those most vulnerable to COVID-19 and communities where they live VICTORIA – The Province is investing $1.6 billion in a fall and winter preparedness plan that will significantly build upon …
Welcome to your Surrey Fleetwood Community Website!
It is an honour to serve as your local MLA.
I’d like to keep connected with you via this website where you can learn of issues my staff & I have been working on and you can find links to community resources & events. This website will help provide information and advocacy advice for our community.
Please feel free to stay connected with me by signing up for my newsletter, ask me questions, forward me community events or just stop by the office to say hello!
Thank you to everyone for doing your part in the fight against COVID-19. Whether you’re a front-line health worker, an essential service worker, or are staying at home and following social distancing guidelines, what you are doing is making a difference.
Here are some links to information and resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Health information:
- Visit the BC Centre for Disease Control for up-to-date information, resources and best practices during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Call 8-1-1 to speak to a health care professional about potential COVID-19 symptoms, or any other health-related concerns.
- Access the online self-assessment tool at any time to check your symptoms and determine if you require further assessment or testing.
- Non-medical information and what your government is doing to support people:
- Visit the BC Government COVID-19 webpage for the latest updates on our government’s response, including provincial health officer orders, and provincial support for individuals and businesses.
- Call 1-888-COVID19 (1-888-268-4319) for the latest on travel recommendations and social distancing, as well as support and resources from the provincial and federal government. You can also send a text to 604-630-0300.
- Call 2-1-1 or visit bc211.ca if you are a senior needing support, or if you’re a volunteer who is able to provide support.
- Visit the federal government’s webpage for information on federal support for individuals and businesses.
My constituency office is currently providing service to people and businesses in Surrey-Fleetwood via phone and email. We can help connect you with the services and support that you need during this challenging time. Please get in touch.
8 September 2020 Mental-health supports for post-secondary students VICTORIA – As post-secondary students hit the books this fall, the Here2Talk mental-health counselling and referral service is available 24/7 to provide support to students who need it. “We know that students …
4 September 2020 SURREY – New Democrat MLAs Jinny Sims, Garry Begg, Jagrup Brar, Rachna Singh, Bruce Ralston, and Harry Bains say new provincial funding will support a project to celebrate the contributions of Punjabi Canadians to British Columbia. The …