Thank you to everyone for doing your part in the fight against COVID-19. Whether you’re a front-line health worker, an essential service worker, or are staying at home and following social distancing guidelines, what you are doing is making a difference.
This past year, COVID-19 has challenged us all in ways we could have never imagined. But every day, the people and businesses of Surrey are working hard to keep us safe and get life back on track. Our frontline and essential workers have shone brightly throughout the pandemic, and our community endures as resilient as ever. After embarking on the largest vaccination program in B.C. history, B.C. leads the way in vaccination rates. You have all played a part in this success. A most resounding thanks to all of you. If you haven’t yet done so, please register for your vaccine now at gov.bc.ca/getvaccinated or call 1-833-838-2323, or get vaccinated now at a drop-in, mobile or special event clinic. Events are listed at gov.bc.ca/vaxforbc
As we move beyond recovery, I will be here with you, as your MLA, to work for you, your family, and our community. Let us stay connected, stay kind, and stay hopeful.
Here are some links to information and resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Health information:
- Visit the BC Centre for Disease Control for up-to-date information, resources and best practices during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Call 8-1-1 to speak to a health care professional about potential COVID-19 symptoms, or any other health-related concerns.
- Access the online self-assessment tool at any time to check your symptoms and determine if you require further assessment or testing.
- Non-medical information and what your government is doing to support people:
- Find a drop-in vaccine clinic in your community – Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca)
- Call 1-888-COVID19 (1-888-268-4319) for the latest on travel recommendations and social distancing, as well as support and resources from the provincial and federal government. You can also send a text to 604-630-0300.
- Call 2-1-1 or visit bc211.ca if you are a senior needing support, or if you’re a volunteer who is able to provide support.
- Visit the federal government’s webpage for information on federal support for individuals and businesses.
My constituency office is currently providing service to people and businesses in Surrey-Fleetwood via phone and email. We can help connect you with the services and support that you need during this challenging time. Please get in touch.